Safety & Awareness – Information for Guests
All Wilderness Activities and Adventures involve the risk of injury. The information contained in the Safety & Risk Awareness section of this website is intended to inform you of the risks, dangers and hazards you may encounter and to help you stay safe while enjoying these activities. Whether you are a participant in these activities or a parent or guardian of a minor participant, please take the time to familiarize yourself with the Safety & Risk Awareness information on this website.
Exclusion of Liability – Assumption of Risk
Wilderness Activities, Adventures and Lodging
The term “Wilderness Activities and Lodging” shall include all activities, accommodation, transportation, events and services provided, arranged, organized, conducted, sponsored or authorized by the operator and shall include, but is not limited to: all activities, accommodation, transportation, events and services provided, arranged, organized, conducted, sponsored or authorized by the Releasees and shall include but is not limited to: hiking, biking (including e-bikes), paddling, paddleboarding, kayaking, jet boating, boating, swimming, climbing, mountaineering, fishing, wildlife encounters, bear viewing, whale watching, boating, skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and all other forms of backcountry travel; rental or use of any and all equipment; demonstrations; orientation and instructional courses; loading, unloading and travel by or movement in or around helicopters, boats and motor vehicles; and other activities, events and services in any way connected with or related to wilderness activities.
The use of facilities, and participation in these activities, involves various risks, dangers and hazards. It is a condition of your use of the premises and facilities and your participation in wilderness activities and lodging that you assume all risk of personal injury, death or property loss resulting from any cause whatsoever, including negligence, breach of contract, or breach of any duty of care on the part of the operator. Your legal responsibility as a user of the premises and facilities or participant in activities provided by the operator is explained in the following notice, which you will see posted on the premises.
Wilderness Activities and Lodging
Wilderness Activities and Lodging involve various risks, dangers, and hazards including, but not limited to, the following:
- The terrain, geography and waterways used for wilderness activities are uncontrolled, unmarked, not inspected and involve many risks and dangers. These may include, but are not limited to: cliffs; trees, tree wells, tree stumps, and forest deadfall; creeks, rivers and rainfall; rocks, boulders and cliffs; cornices, crevasses and glacier ice falls; roads, road banks, fences, and other man-made structures; impact or collision with other persons or objects; encounters with wildlife including cougars and bears; becoming lost or separated from one’s party or guide; infectious disease contracted through viruses, bacteria, parasites, and fungi which may be transmitted through direct or indirect contact; negligence of other persons including other guests; and NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE OPERATOR.
- Negligence of other persons, and NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE OPERATOR and its directors, officers, employees, instructors, agents, representatives, volunteers, independent contractors, subcontractors, sponsors, successors and assigns.
- NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE OPERATOR TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT GUESTS FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS, AND HAZARDS OF WILDERNESS ACTIVITIES.
- Communication in the terrain and waterways are difficult and in the event of an accident, rescue and medical treatment may not be available.
- Weather conditions may be extreme and can change rapidly and without warning, making travel by helicopter, boat, kayak, paddleboard, bike, foot hazardous.
YOU NEED TO BE AWARE OF THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS ASSOCIATED WITH WILDERNESS ACTIVITIES AND FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS, AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM.
Wilderness Activities and Lodging Release Agreement
You will be asked to sign a Wilderness Activities and Lodging Release Agreement, which is intended to describe the risks, dangers, and hazards that are associated with wilderness activities and lodging AND asks you to acknowledge these risks and accept the fact that injuries and death are possibilities while participating in wilderness activities and lodging.
This is a copy of the Wilderness Activities and Lodging Release Agreement you will be asked to sign. Please follow this link to this waiver in various other languages